...has started. We have a bit of a break between the "Ground truth" segment, during which the candidates get to see the features we are going to "teach" to our classmates, and the classroom segment this evening.
Each of us has been assigned a module of the Truth and Techniques course, two of the drills in the Train Your Bike" course (with a co-instructor), and will be assigned a feature of the road tour to teach (with probably a different co-instructor from among the candidates).
The intense work is yet to come, although it's somewhat less intense if one prepares well. I've been internalizing the lessons for a good while, so I feel reasonably well-prepared, but we'll see. There is always that little bit of "I'm used to teaching this other class so I know how to teach this stuff" attitude that may get me in trouble.
That said, the Instructor Trainers are not "gotcha" folks. They want us to succeed. We want to do well.
During the ground truth riding, we've had some time to socialize with our fellow candidates. I have some internet history with a couple of the others, and am just now meeting the rest. A few puns have been tossed about, as one would expect. Some good jokes have been told, as well as a couple of vignettes that have elicited responses ranging from chuckles to astonishment.
I'll be in class again in a couple hours. Back to the books!!
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment