I broke the 6700-mile mark on my way home from work tonight. I broke the 6000-miles of riding-instead-of-driving mark some fifteen or twenty minutes earlier.
I'm not done riding for the year, of course. I have no real intention of driving any more than is necessary. My threshold for "necessary" is higher than most folks' norms, to be sure.
I like the dyno headlight, but don't think it puts out quite enough light for rainy streets. I'll probably use one of the CygoLite sets as a helmet light much of the time, as they are much brighter than the dyno system.
Several friends have far more miles on bicycles this year, but their miles are typically club miles or training miles instead of utility miles. Mine aren't any better, they are simply different, but I'm still happy to have the ability to ride a bike instead of driving.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment