Too late for the rain we got Saturday and this morning, I bought a few barrels fitted to be used for collecting rain water from our gutter system. I got them home, installed a couple of diverters in downspouts, connected them to a barrel, pondered placements for other diverters and barrels, poked around on facebook, and learned that a friend can get me as many more barrels as I need for the price of going to get them.
So, figuring to make use of a few more barrels, I went and collected a few.
The two or three of you who have read this blog for a while already know I hauled these barrels by bike trailer:
I really enjoyed seeing the looks on motorists' faces as they tried to figure out what I was hauling! 165 gallons of dehydrated DiHydrogen MonOxide doesn't weigh much more than the barrels to contain it, until one adds water...
Now we'll be able to collect rain water from our roof for additional supply to a few trees and other important-to-us plants in the yard, and for next year's garden project.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment