...to the point that I didn't even mention a couple of timeline milestones!
My last post, made on 9 September, was made on what was at one point planned to be my third wedding anniversary. Events surrounding my somewhat sudden departure from New Directions in July of 2009 led to my legal wedding day being the 17th of that month, but our original plan was that our wedding would be on September 9th of that year (09/09/09, or if inverted, 6/6/6/).
My last post was also made five days after another anniversary: On September 7th of 2007, Jenn and I met face-to-face for the first time.
Some would call me an incurable romantic for remembering these bits of trivia. I've been accused of holding romantic notions before, of course, and admit to a subset of such. I find it easy to remember a couple of dates like these for assorted reasons, including in no particular order: a) in just about every history class I've had to take over the last forty-several years, dates of events have been given importance such that I learned to pay attention to dates of events, b) I've managed to attach alternate significances to the dates in question to make it easier for me to access that information in what passes for my brain.
In the case of meeting Jenn that first time, I suggested the date planning for a time limit for myself, since I was riding the Old Kentucky Home Tour the next morning. The following year, I rode the century--again--on Saturday, and Jenn and I rode home on Sunday on a borrowed tandem. In 2009, we rode both days on a different borrowed tandem to celebrate our wedding--a brief honeymoon, if you will. 9 September 2009 was on a Wednesday, as I recall, and Jenn and I took time out to have a private celebration of our marriage and exchange rings that actually fit (in my case...).
Here I am, over three years into my first marriage. I have two stepdaughters and enjoy my relationship with each of them. Every day I set a new record for consecutive days happily married.
Who would have thought THAT would happen?
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment