30 March 2013

A couple of pictures

It seems I neglected to add some pictures to my recent post about working on a velomobile.

As it happens, I didn't get any pictures of myself in the thing, nor do I have any images of the owner in it.

I did, however, get a couple shots of it once I had loaded it on my trailer for delivery to its owner:





This is called the FAW+, short for Flevobike Alleweder Plus, as it's a modification of an early-1990s design. The kit (they offer assembly at additional cost) is available from Pedal Yourself Healthy in Texas.

I've been looking at this thing off and on for a couple of years, and remain mildly interested in owning something like it. It's fun to ride, despite the problems I have fitting in the thing. It can carry a fair bit of cargo--including groceries for several days, or luggage for a several-day tour.

No comments: