08 February 2014

Cycling Savvy courses scheduled!

Life got in the way of our scheduled Cycling Savvy class last fall. It was frustrating, but we (Jenn and I) learned a couple things, and have done and are doing a better job of preparing for upcoming classes. Finally, we can say we have classes (plural) on the schedule for 2014!

Why am I excited? Well, after learning of Cycling Savvy a few years ago, and hearing that it had a much better approach to helping riders learn information, skills, and techniques (as opposed to telling them that they needed to know information, skills, etc., as has been one critique of the Traffic Skills 101 class put on by the League of American Wheelmen).

I took the Cycling Savvy class in 2012, and was impressed with the teaching style. It really does reach people differently.

I have been wanting to bring Cycling Savvy to Louisville for almost as long as I've known about it. The more I read and learned about the program, the more I believed that this is a good program to have in Louisville. That Jenn also is excited about Cycling Savvy (perhaps even more so than I) meant that now we have two Cycling Savvy instructors in Louisville!

All of which leads to this link. And this link.

Course dates and locations are now confirmed! Registration is open.


No comments: