It's amusing to me that this, my six-hundredth post, comes at a time when I have something far more significant that a blog post count to discuss.
I've mentioned previously that I had a part-time job at a big retailer, and that the job involved (among other things) wearing an orange apron. I have left that job. Thursday, the 27th, was my last day there.
To back up the newsreel a bit, though, I'll mention that on Tuesday, the 18th, an arrest was announced. The mechanic/service manager at a local bike shop was caught having placed video camera(s) in the restroom, with the intent of capturing video of a female coworker. Not surprisingly, many folks were "icked out" by this, including me. I had talked to Steve several times over the last ten years, and was stunned that he would do such a thing and expect to get away with it.
I could launch into a tangential discussion over how the penalty removes Steve's talents as well as his failings from society, and that our penal system doesn't do well at reform, but that's separate from today's topic.
I went by that afternoon, partially to commiserate with Carson Torpey, the owner of Bardstown Road Bicycle Company, and his other full-time employee, and partially to see what their plan was (if they had had any time to formulate one). Mindful of my own situation, I offered to step in to help keep things rolling, and was asked what my availability would be.
A few discussions later, and we have agreed that I will be the new Service Manager at Bardstown Road Bicycle Company. I start March 31st.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment