In part I, I talked about the first two big cardboard hauls, and showed pictures of the load for the second haul. Here is the scale paperwork on the second haul:
Shortly before that load got taken, we started getting our 2015 preseason bike order. The store was low on bikes (a good thing, in a way) by then, so we built a lot of bikes to fill holes in the display area. It's now been six weeks since that September load went to RockTenn. I had been wanting to make a run with the stack of cardboard in our shed, but various events prevented my doing so (customer bikes due out, out of town company, weather) until today. Consequently, I had a larger load than I had planned to haul two weeks ago, since I've had a couple of weeks to build more bikes for the sales floor.
I knew within the first block that this load was going to be one for a personal record. This was a load that would not accelerate. I had to gather momentum instead. I got to stop at just about every single traffic light on Breckinridge Street, and because I was using the fancy new bike lane, I got to enjoy some of the worst pavement defects on Breckinridge Street (longitudinal crack centered in the bike lane that has been (badly) patched with goop of some sort).
Yes, that scale ticket shows five hundred pounds. A quarter-ton. No wonder I could only gather momentum instead of accelerate. The bike felt AMAZINGLY light once I unloaded it!
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment