Yep, we are all but off to the races!
Final load-out is happening in another hour or so. My gear is already loaded, one of the perks of being a driver of the Rider RV.
It's been a very busy couple of days, to be sure. Tech inspection went very well--only one minor point, and that was a burned-out light bulb in one vehicle's taillight.
Of course, with preparation for something like this, there is always the list of forgotten stuff, stuff that everyone thought Henry was bringing, but Henry thought someone else already had it there, and so on. Part of the "busy" is dealing with that.
Then there was the dinner problem. To be fair, it was a case of inaccurate expectations. The hotel where we stayed in Carlsbad was not equipped nor staffed to deal with sixty hungry riders and crew, so dinner at the hotel didn't work very well. The barbeque I had off-property wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I'd ever had. It did beat going hungry.
RAAM is about the riders, though. I'm here doing something I do reasonably well to make it so the riders can do their part. They get to show off soon. 2:00 local time this afternoon is race start. Their bikes are ready. Their legs are ready. Their hearts are ready. The "hay is in the barn."
We are ready for RAAM.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment