04 June 2010

Just a few more days...

The anxiety level has been pretty far up there of late, what with the house closing approaching, my trip to support Team Type 2 in RAAM, time away from the store, lots of repairs and new bikes to make happen at the store, getting ready to move as soon as I come back from RAAM, attempting to manage the LBC New Rider Clinics, and whatever else gets tossed on my plate.

There was some question whether the loan would actually happen, but that apparently got resolved today (if it weren't for the very last minute, NOTHING would get done in this country!). The lawyer in whose office the closing is scheduled to happen reported to my realtor that they have a green light for the closing this coming Tuesday.

Wow. Tight timing. No room for delays, no room for performance failures and no room for performance anxiety (or at least no room for it to flourish...).

When I get back, I will have time to get home, change clothes, and get on the bike for the class. I have part of my preparation done now, and will wrap it up over the weekend, during forced breaks from sorting/packing stuff in the house for the move.

I can't wait for July, when I get to prepare for Ride Across Indiana. I figure I have the base miles from my commuting, but I don't have the long miles. I'll have to cram a double-century prep into about three weeks. Fortunately, RAIN is not a double century, and is no tougher to accomplish than some of the local century rides. Hopefully, the annual Madisonville Century will be on the schedule, as it's as good a gauge for me as any.

Which of course reminds me that I have some schedule preparation to do before I leave town...

Back to the checklist!

No comments: