In Tom fashion, I rode to the ride (and since we were on the tandem, Jenn rode as well...). A bit short of ninety miles into the official ride, we were done enough that we split off and rode on home. Jenn was having some heat issues, I was getting very tired, and we still had to get the bike (and ourselves) home, so we split off when the ride crossed Kentucky Street and worked east--Mad Dog course rules be damned, as we covered more than a hundred (107, to be more precise).
With this ride, my mileage for July exceeds my mileage for all of June, and the month isn't half done. Next weekend will be another high-mileage weekend, as we plan to do RAIN.
After today, we are having to re-think whether either of us is really ready for 160 miles in one day. However, the plan is to take the tandem and my Strada, so that if Jenn decides to stop at some point I can finish the ride on the single bike. We'll see how things go--I find the tandem tiring sometimes, although I think it's a function of lack of miles on the bike rather than anything specific to how the bike is built.
In any case, I'm now tired enough that I need to go to bed a bit earlier than usual. I have a lot to do tomorrow before teaching the class on tire repairs in the evening.
1 comment:
Congrats on the century! I did my first one in May and have done two since, and I am also signed up for RAIN this saturday. Good luck!
Post a Comment