13 January 2012

I hear a change a-comin', comin' round the bend...

Ending some period of speculation by several folks in the local cycling community, Bob announced yesterday that Bluegrass Bicycle, LLC is for sale. In answer to the obvious questions, "I don't know how much money," "I don't have a definite answer for number of days or weeks," and "I don't know whether any future owner would get along with me or I with that person or persons."

In other words, I'm now looking for work, both short- and long-term. Part-time and full-time positions will be considered, mindful that any part-time position would have to be coordinated with other part-time positions.

I'm fortunate, in some respects. Jenn is employed, and has benefits that cover me. Indeed, those benefits were one of the reasons we married when we did, which was almost two months ahead of our planned 09/09/09 date (flip it over and remove the zeros for the sardonic anti-religious message).

I don't expect to find work in the bike biz for a while. I don't know. It's certainly possible that one of the local bike shops wants to deal with my ego to get the motley bunch of occasional customers I would bring in their doors, but would I be able to deal with the people in such a store?

*sigh*

No comments: