...and I haven't seen any comments on my last post. Figured there would be, given the nature of the news, but that's the way it goes some days.
Since that day, I've had a few other things happen--some good, some not as much. Rather than focus on the not-good, I'll mention a few good things.
I have stepped down as VP education with the Louisville Bicycle Club. I don't begrudge the time and energy I spent educating cyclists--quite the contrary! It was a lot of fun, and I got to learn stuff along the way. Some of the Ex-Comm meetings got to be tiring, some of the club politics got bizarre, but that's the way things go in an organization like this. David Wittry is the new VP Education, and I am sure he'll do well. I'll give what help I am able.
I'm still logging bike miles as part of my "ride instead of drive" transportation plan. As I type this, I'm in the lead in utility miles logged by Louisville Bicycle Club members by forty miles or so. The current second-place rider logged about as many miles last year as I logged in 2010, and a few more than I logged just commuting last year. Like several of us, he all but doesn't drive (I've not seen him drive a car).
Jenn and I have made some progress on the house--mostly reorganizing and making rooms more livable so far. The big project--shelving in the "office"--is waiting on me to overcome some inertia and buy wood and paint. Oh, yeah, cash would be good--the job situation is making me a bit more careful about cash outlay. At least I can do most of the labor on this shelving project myself, reducing the overall cost to easier-to-manage levels.
I really don't know what the coming year holds in terms of total bike miles. I'm not going to stress over it, and have adjusted my goal to simply be ride more than drive. If work opportunities that totally preclude bicycle commuting present themselves, I would have to think carefully about such gigs. I can't refuse a job offer simply based on that, but having to pay for a car for such use would offset quite a bit of the potential earnings.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment