Despite less-than-ideal weather (!), we did it. We moved boxes and boxes and boxes of books and stuff, a couple of dressers and file cabinets, and even a sofa (as Mary Beth said, "It's not a bike move until you haul a sofa!").
There were an assortment of news folks on hand, due to some pre-event crowing by Kirk the Media Maven Kandle. Links (with pics and video as appropriate) can be found here, here, here, and over there. I didn't even take my camera, figuring that there would be enough picture-taking done by others--I was there to move stuff.
And move stuff I did. Yes, that is me pulling the trailer loaded with the sofa. The Courier's picture of me pulling it had a caption that was not well-written or proofed (peddling instead of pedaling, coach instead of couch), but most viewers would get the idea. The route to the destination house involved a short 7% grade on Pope Street in the Clifton neighborhood, which is fun with a three-hundred-pound (guesstimated) trailer payload. I need to do more climbing like that, but not right away. My legs need to recover just a bit more.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment