03 December 2012

Cargo bike fun

Part of the joy of driving a bicycle instead of driving a car for work is that sometimes I get to hit roads I haven't seen in a while. I've been across the Clark Bridge four times in the last week or so (two trips to Indiana, so two trips across northbound and two southbound). Traffic was different than when I was working in N'Awb'ny, since I was going to Indiana later in the morning (or early afternoon) and coming home earlier than I did when I was crossing the bridge on a daily basis.

Today's trip to KY over the span differed a bit from my prior norm in another way: There was a crew working on the lighting mounted in the bridge superstructure, and they had one southbound lane blocked with traffic cones from the end of the bridge until just after where they were working--a bit more than two-thirds of the bridge was effectively one-lane. Rather than slow that one lane, I opted to take the blocked-off lane, figuring that I could choose a good point to reenter the open lane once I needed to do so. "Easy-peasy" as the expression goes.

I like that Big Dummy more than I expected I would. It's a neat bike--versatile and fairly comfortable. It's no speed demon, but it gets there with minimal fuss.

No comments: