09 September 2013

An anniversary

When Jenn proposed to me, way back in March of 2009, and I accepted (having some modicum of sense about me, even though I thought she had lost her mind for proposing...), we eventually figured out that our wedding date would be 9/9/9 (mindful that turning the numbers upside-down would yield 6/6/6, which gave us something of a giggle).

Events of that July were to intervene, and rather than pay COBRA insurance rates for two months, we married on July 17th. My sister observed that at least Jenn got two primes and a square, in addition to her somewhat-square hubby.

So, today is what would have been our fourth anniversary.

It still is our fourth, although not the one on the marriage license: we exchanged rings on 9/9/9, as by then we had gotten one that actually fit my finger (the largest ring Jenn had prior to that almost fit my little finger), and had gotten rings for Jenn sized properly.

Our honeymoon, such as it was, became riding the Century route on the Old Kentucky Home Tour a few days later.

And, here I am, four-plus years later, happily married. It's been an unbroken string of days, I'm happy to say.

No comments: