There is a letter to the editor of the Ceej today, blasting bicyclists as mere hobbyists with no rights to the roads (some idiotic rant about taxation being required for road use). Its titled, "Tax this hobby." A friend of mine has already posted a few comments in rebuttal, but I expect there will be numerous counter-claims by anti-cycling lemmings of the petro-collapse.
On top of that, it's raining as I type this, and I haven't ever liked riding in the rain. I don't have the right rain gear for the bike I ride to work (I have some that is so-so for use with the Raleigh, but it does NOT work on the Vanguard). I'll probably end up driving to work today, which is less than optimal for me, as the weather in expected to improve after the morning drive time and I could ride home happily.
I may ride anyway, just to be contrary.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
1 comment:
I hate reading those things... and the comments that always associated with it.
I doubt Steve Woeste will ever go there and read the comments (he probably likes the dead-tree edition).
A little searching on his name will lead to contact info where he could be emailed, or even call him for a friendly chit-chat.
Post a Comment