16 December 2009

Morning errand

As a club officer, I am sometimes called upon to help make club business happen quickly. Today is such a day. We have a mailing we must get "out the door," as the information didn't make it into the last newsletter.

I volunteered to fetch the printed matter from near U of L, and host the labeling/stamping party this afternoon.

I also have been putting off a trip to get more cat litter, and the Feeder's Supply location where I usually stock up is not far off my path.

It was about 20F when I was getting ready to go.

Jenn has my truck today.

What's a somewhat logically-minded person to do?

Ride a bike. The Raleigh, specifically, pulling the trailer.

It wasn't the quickest way to do what I planned to do, but it worked well. I was not cold (save for my fingers, and they were not intolerably cold). My shirt even has a fair bit of sweat in it.

On the way home, I stopped at Nancy's Bagel Grounds for some yummy bagels. I also felt a desire for some sweets, so a stop at Plehn's Bakery happened before I got to the house.

I'll share some of what I bought with Rachel, as she is (hopefully) going to help me with some chores today.

No comments: