12 December 2009

Still chilly

My wallet is, indeed, a bit lighter, but not because of the shoe covers I mentioned yesterday. They don't fit over my sandals.

In general, I'm finding that stuff from that brand (Pearl Izumi) runs a bit small--I typically wear large men's trousers/tights, and the AmFib ones are XL and snug. We have a pair of Pearl Izumi lobster gloves at the store, and they fit my hands pretty well--they are XXL. I don't think I want those, anyway, at least until I ride regularly in sub-20F temps.

The tights work well, though. My feet were much more comfortable on the ride home last night. I'm sure ambient temperature was a factor, but haven't looked to see how much warmer it was. My Campagnolo jersey was damp with sweat when I got home, too.

Yep, my low threshold has gotten lower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How good of selection of stuff do you have at the shop? I needing some better gloves and tights also.

bikeolounger said...

I can get just about anything. We have a few pairs of gloves on hand (pardon the pun), in manly sizes. We have a couple pairs of tights in medium, and have more on order.