As I got home from the New Rider Clinic David is teaching at Iroquois Park this evening, I hit a double whammy. 3800 miles year to date by bicycle, and a sort-of weird one. At the start of the year, I set the annual goal on mycyclinglog.com at six thousand miles. At this point, I'm obviously over half-way there, and the year is not half over. I've been watching the "average daily miles needed to reach the goal" stat with some amusement over the last couple months, as the number keeps dropping. As of now, I need to ride an average of eleven miles a day to reach six thousand for the year.
Nothing really special about the CO2 miles (as in, ridden instead of driven) number right now, except that it's over 3350. It will probably break 3400 this weekend.
It was raining a bit when I left for work this morning, but quit part-way to Crestwood. It decided to rain on me for the last mile or so, just because it could. I did manage to get to the store ahead of the heavy weather that came shortly after I opened. I was glad. There was lots of lightning, and I prefer to not ride when there is lots of lightning.
Oh, and I made the Ergon blog the other day. I had Jenn take a couple pictures that would, hopefully, show I was using the grips and gloves, and put one in a prior post. I'm still pleased with the gloves, aside from that they are a bit small (the largest they offered was XXL--I could probably wear XXXL in their sizing), and hard to get off my hands.
I recently ordered another kilt from SportKilt. It arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to wear it, and may not get to. I ordered a large based on the extra-large I already have that is a bit too big around for me. The large is a bit too small. We'll see what the manufacturer says about things...
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
I'll have to say Tom, that it is a heck of a run, those "mindless miles" that some folks have a problem with, although yours aren't "mindless" but rather productive. Good show.
Thanks, Tim!
It's become a mindset, really. I find that I have to justify driving, rather than justify riding.
That we have ONE gas-powered vehicle helps, of course, as it's easier to ride when she needs the car for something.
Post a Comment