24 June 2011

I can't help it...

As of my return home today, I have logged over 4000 miles of bicycle use this year. This includes 3561 miles of bicycling instead of driving since the beginning of the year, split among five bikes: My Vanguard, with 1255 miles, my Strada, with almost 89 miles, my Raleigh, with 525 miles (yeah, I rarely ride that one now that I have the Globe), the Screamer tandem, with 421 miles (Jenn and I plan to put a fair number of miles on that in the coming week or three), Jenn's Giro, at 48 miles, and the new-in-March Globe, with a bit over 1660 miles (yeah, it became my "it's threatening to rain or it's raining" bike, and April and May saw a LOT of wet days).

June isn't over, but I've logged more miles in June 2011 than I did in all but three months of 2010, and I'm only a few miles shy of besting one of those months. I don't know whether I'll beat my May 2011 numbers, but it's possible. I have a few days off from work this coming week, and since I fouled up and didn't get us registered for Bike Virginia before the deadline, Jenn and I will try to do some day tours on the tandem. We might even sneak in an overnight trip somewhere just to do it.

My CO2 miles are still at a bit more than 18% of the Louisville Bicycle Club's Commuting group miles. My nearest competitor among that group is more than 900 miles behind me in overall miles, and over two thousand miles back in CO2 miles. I'm sure some of the mileage junkies in the club have more bike miles, but I haven't done all that math, as they are mostly club miles which are not why I'm crowing.

No comments: