22 July 2011

Fried-day

Now that my legs are mostly recovered from RAIN and the cramps I suffered that day...

I've put 188 miles on bicycles since RAIN, despite heat, humidity, and some headwinds. Indeed, my ride home from work yesterday was marked by being a 4H ride: Hazy, Hot, Humid Headwind. The whole time.

Wednesday, I rode over seventy miles on the Globe (Yay! for Ergon grips that were good even without the gloves, even with sweaty hands the whole time!), including to and from work, to and from Iroquois Park for test night of the June/July New Rider Clinics and two laps of the road test course for that clinic. I was not setting any speed records coming home, especially since I took the trailer to Iroquois with me so that I could do some grocery shopping en route home. I rode the Vanguard to work three times this week, mostly because it's more comfortable in general, and partially because it's more comfortable in the heat.

Apparently there is some miscalculation in my system. The Globe's odometer now shows over two thousand miles, but I've only logged nineteen hundred and something. I suppose there are miles I've forgotten to log somewhere. All the riding it on teaching days is keeping it far ahead of the Vanguard in the YTD miles, which seems odd to me given that I prefer the ride of the Vanguard. I admit to liking the brakes on the Globe best of all my bikes, though. Something about disc brakes and increased stopping power...

And I still hold over 18% of the Louisville Bicycle Club's CO2 miles, with 62 members reporting. I just have not done enough longer rides, or performance riding in hot weather, to be able to complete RAIN this year.

No comments: