and another opens. That's the saying, anyway.
Bluegrass Bicycle, LLC has, for all purposes, closed the doors. There is still some inventory to sell off, but I also need to move on and get started on my new sole proprietorship thing.
Also sadly, I drove to work the last three days at the store. This was due to several factors: heavy weather Tuesday morning (rain, wind, thunder, lightning, did I mention lightning?), the need to haul stuff to Red House Bicycle for staging and future sales, and having Jenn ride with me all three days for moral support and her invaluable assistance in packing and tracking the inventory so that Bob could figure out what he has in which box going forward.
Oh, and, that Thursday saw the arrival of a fairly large box, containing one size 18" Surly Big Dummy, to be used by Tom Armstrong Handyman Service for house calls involving estimates and sometimes actual work. The cardboard got wet on the way home (the rain was borderline torrential), but it seems dry enough to leave alone overnight. I'll build it Friday or Saturday.
On Friday, I will be conducting a "Lunch and Learn" at a health-care company's office building, in part to encourage the folks there to ride bicycles for utility. I am not expecting a large group at this point, but who knows what folks will decide at the last minute?
Saturday, I am teaching part two of "Bicycle Superhero Basics," essentially a TS101 class. I won't take the new bike, as I will not have had time to learn to do the parking lot drills on the longer wheelbase it has. I expect to take a few days to sort out the handling on that bike before using it to actually haul heavy loads.
By Monday, I will have decided on which insurance company will get my premium payments to get liability insurance as a handyman. I plan to be conscientious enough that there won't be any claims on me, but insurance is about protecting one's own assets, and I do not wish to risk what assets I would be deemed to have by some court without some coverage. It's a business expense, just like paying myself or consumable supplies.
Listening to the thunder outside, glad I was not riding in that rain.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
We'll need to do a cargo bike ride sometime. :)
I'm in.
Post a Comment