21 August 2010

Rainy morning ride

This getting rained on during a Saturday bike ride is getting old.

A line of storms went by shortly before I left the house. Figuring that my window of opportunity was open, I got on the Raleigh and pedaled away. Jenn called me while I was climbing Houston Lane's little riser to Mount Mercy Drive, but I was more intent on getting toward the end of my ride than answering the phone. I got onto LaGrange Road, and was about half a mile from Crestwood proper when she called again. As there was traffic around me and the rain was intensifying, I kept going rather than stop to spend time on the phone that I could spend getting to shelter.

I stopped at the Dairy Queen for a bit and called Jenn back to assure her that I was fine, almost to work, and that she need not come get me. Yeah, she knows how much I like riding in rain, but it was almost over for the morning and quicker for me to ride it out than for her to come get me.

Besides, she's coming to get me after work. There is a party we are going to attend this afternoon.

No comments: