I've been wanting to own a recumbent tandem for something like fifteen years--ever since I first saw pictures of a Ryan Duplex (or was it still called the Fleetwood then?). The idea of riding WITH someone instead of at the same time as that person has long appealed to me.
Fortunately, Jenn also enjoys being on the tandem, as we've found over the last couple years.
After about a year of long-term loan of Bill's Screamer, that bike went home yesterday, so that we would have room in the garage for our own Screamer, purchased from Nita yesterday evening.
We had agreed to buy the bike a couple months ago. However, Nita had suffered a shoulder injury, and wanted to keep the bike for a bit so that she could ride without hampering her healing process. Then we had to coordinate a few other things before we could bring it home.
We woke up this morning wondering why we haven't taken time to ride it yet. By the time we got home, we were thinking about getting ready for Monday stuff, and simply put the bike in its parking slot for the night. We might find time to enjoy a trip around the neighborhood this evening, but it's unlikely we'll go far as it has no lights and it'll almost certainly be dark when I get back from the New Rider clinic.
Speaking of the New Rider Clinic, tonight will be Test Night. I have a couple people who will take the test next week due to work conflicts, but most will earn their certificates this evening. The total number of certificate earners for the summer will be close to thirty--more than three times the number we had last year. I may offer the TS101 class through the store in October, as there is some interest, but we'll see.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment