05 October 2010

A couple of quick disjointed items:

Car-Free Happy Hour is back for its first birthday bash! The latest event will be held at Vernon Lanes on Story Avenue on the 21st of October, starting at 5:30 pm!



On my way to work, I sometimes see a recent-model Toyota FJ. You've probably seen them, even if you paid them no mind. They are a "sport cute" designed to evoke sentimental memories of (or wishes for such sentimental memories of) the Toyota Land Cruisers of the mid-1970s, but with lots more luxury. It looks like this:


Supposedly making you think of this:




At any rate, the one I have seen a couple times now has a sign on its back window that reads, "It's a mid-life crisis thing...you probably understand."

I didn't understand.


Jenn's bike rode well for her on its test ride last night. We went on a five- or six-mile shakedown run, and the biggest complaint is that there seems to be some loose hardware in the rear rack or fender mounting systems. I need to do a minor tweak on one shifter's position to make it easier to use as well. I hope to get some images in the next few days.

No comments: