'Tis customary to discuss things for which one is thankful today. Rather than bore you with all the usual stuff about friends and family, I'll be a bit more light-hearted.
One of the many things: Because I travel by bicycle more than by car, I am able to find cool stuff beside the roadway. I now have a pair of gently-used Channel Lock pliers to supplement my tool collection (and add to the two pair already in my possession), found beside Westport Road Thursday afternoon as I was heading to the dentist's office.
I've lost count of the tools, cash, and other stuff I've found beside the road (including a four-D-cell Maglite that needed nothing more than a bulb and fresh batteries to be in perfect working order!). How people lose this sort of thing is something of a mystery to me, but I don't mind having the extra five or six Vice-Grip pliers, the aforementioned flashlight, the assorted wrenches, the bungee cord, the, well, you get the picture.
I would not have found this stuff had I not been riding instead of driving. I suppose I could rue that the prior owners DON'T have it, but I figure if they are careless enough to leave their tools where they will fall out of their cars, they don't mind buying replacements.
What about you? What have YOU collected during your travels (by bike or otherwise)?
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment