05 November 2011

Ugh. Head cold. Yuck.

This feels really weird. I've driven to work two days in a row--not to haul stuff other than myself, but because I have a head cold that I don't want to worsen by riding for an hour each way. Yuck.

I don't even feel like the drive is making me any healthier--quite the contrary, to be honest. However, it seems at the moment to be the lesser hazard for my sinuses and lungs.

The City of Lyndon collects leaves at streetside once a year, and takes them to a mulching/composting operation. We got a letter a week or two ago telling us that our collection day is Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week. Work schedules being what they are, Jenn and I will get what we can raked and out to the street this weekend. Last year's leaf pile was four or five feet tall and ten feet long, filling the swale beside the driveway. We haven't had the complete "leaf dump" yet this year, and I figure that we'll have a fair quantity of leaves fall AFTER pickup day.

I don't like being sick. I get really crabby, like a lot of folks. I don't like who I become--sort of like not liking who I become when at the wheel of a car...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going around. I started getting sick last week. I was out of work on Thursday due to it. I was slightly better by Friday morning.

I still wake up with a sore throat and feeling all stuffed up.

All this was just in time for going car free. :/