Yep, today is Bike to Work Day, as observed in Louisville KY and other places.
I had to drive. I had to be in the west end by 8:00, and in Phoenix Hill by 9:00, with not enough time between commitments to ride.
I've been frustrated about this all week. Having to be at a west-end site at 8:00, then having to go WAY out of my way to get to N'Awb'ny, then having to go way out of my way for a 3:30 commitment before going home each day really stinks.
Heck with it, today, though! I tossed the Raleigh in the back of the truck, figuring I'd at least do SOME of my work-related transit by bike. I left the truck in Phoenix Hill, and once that meeting was done, rode by Fourth Street Live to say hello to Scott Render before riding on to N'Awb'ny.
It felt quite nice to ride across the bridge again. I enjoyed the ride, despite the extra stuff I was hauling (free stuff from Bike to Work celebration, my lunch, my work papers that I need to haul...).
I even got to ride to work wearing a kilt--something I wouldn't try on the Vanguard.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment