I drove my truck last night, for the first time in over a week. Jenn drove her car for our travels over the weekend--a Derby party with some friends of hers in Simpsonville on Saturday, and a family gathering at her favorite uncle's house on Sunday.
Last night, though, it was a "drive to haul bikes" situation. I was just about ready to leave the house for the New Rider clinic, and called Jenn to remind her where I'd be and let her know the dog had been for his after-work walk. She asked me if I minded hauling her bike along, so that she could meet me at the class site. As a result, I drove to the class instead of riding there.
I drove to work today, too, ending my streak at fourteen days riding to work (and there was a day in there that I didn't work--Earth Day--but rode the bike to all my activities). I have an excuse, lame though it sounds: I'm getting some tires mounted today, as the ones currently there are worn badly and are also out of balance enough that driving is unpleasant at several common speed ranges. For the times I need to use my truck, it will be a good thing to have balanced, not-so-badly worn tires.
Now I need to clear my schedule to allow fifteen or more days in a row! It will be challenging, as I am teaching on Monday nights for the rest of the summer. We'll see how it goes, though.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment