I held a session of Bicycling Safely, for Bicycling for Louisville, Saturday afternoon. I had four attendees (not enough to suit me, but better than the Sharing the Road I was supposed to present a few weeks ago, when NOBODY showed), and all were quite interested.
Jenn and I rode to the Louisville Bicycle Club's Ice Cream Ride today. There was a club meeting afterward, and an officers' meeting after that. All told, I got in about thirty-five miles, on the Gasato (my custom-built Bacchetta Strada). Jenn was on her Giro. On the way home, Jenn was hustling along Frankfort Avenue, and was able to get going at twenty miles an hour or better for short periods. David was at the ride, having ridden some with Tim earlier in the day.
I was glad to get out for some longer miles. I felt good at the end of the day, and was able to roll pretty well during my ride, telling me that my commuting miles are indeed helping me on the fast bike.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment