09 July 2009

New Pavement in N'Awb'ny!

On my way to work this morning, I saw some of the new pavement that is being poured on the roads I travel. It's N-i-i-i-ce!

I've not toured all the work zones yet--I was on my way to work, after all. Not all the work is done, anyway. But there is smooth riding on at least some of the streets I frequent, and more on the way.

This is the third day I've ridden the Raleigh to work this week. The Vanguard had a leaky tube in the rear tire, and when I changed that the other night, I noted that the rear tire is about worn out. It will go another several trips, but I want to minimize use for a while, just in case.

On my way home Tuesday, I picked up tickets to the Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp and Bob Dylan show at Slugger Field. I stopped on the way home from work to enjoy the show. It made for a long day, but the show was quite good. The bike got locked to the bike rack in front of Browning's, and was just as I'd left it when I returned to it after the show. Jenn had used TARC to get her bike downtown, and she and I rode home together--always a good thing.

No comments: