With the class on Mondays, I'm tight enough on time that I usually drive to work. Today, though, I got to ride the Vanguard.
I ordered a new rear tire for it the other day, after changing a punctured tube last Monday evening and deciding the tire tread was thin enough that I was going to have trouble soon. I don't know why the tire would be worn out, it's only been on there for seven years or so, and only has six or so thousand miles on it...
The new tire should arrive today or tomorrow.
I got to ride more of the new pavement in N'Awb'ny this morning. Smooth is good. They've painted it, too. I wish repaving wasn't such an ecological disaster!
I will probably ride the club ride this evening, and hit it pretty hard, given that it will be my last chance to ride hard before RAIN this weekend. I've not figured out how to control my conditioning so that I can decide to have an "on" day some time in advance and actually have that on day when the time comes. I'll have to make it happen somehow, though--I'm riding with two guys who are stronger than I am, and keeping up with them will be a challenge. Oh, well. Maybe our fourth guy will slow us down a bit...
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment