Not much happening today at home. I got to have lunch with the Bike Louisville team today, to see what is happening in terms of bike-friendly stuff. Drove out to Crestwood to haul back Jenn's fast bike (we keep it there during the week for demonstration purposes), and a wheel from a repair that has been problematic. I was hoping to remove the freewheel at a shop by the house, but they don't have the right freewheel tool, either. I may have to make a stop at the Big S in Middletown on the way out to the shop tomorrow morning, meaning a drive to work instead of riding.
Yep, I'm doing the bike-fixing thing again as my main employment. It's working out pretty well, although I expect I'll be encouraging a few operational changes over the coming months.
One of my side conversations today at the lunch involved the possibility of turning my skill set into a part-time gig with the city's Bike Louisville team. Could happen, depending on the funding sources they find. We'll see. Anything involving money coming from the city is always a "don't believe it until I get the money" thing.
At least the bikes are behaving.
I took the Raleigh out Tuesday for a jaunt, to get in some miles for the heck of miles. Made the trip take on multiple purposes, though, as I needed to get cat food and cat litter (thus dealing with the ins and outs of having cats in the house, AND justifying pulling the trailer around), and it gave me an excuse to take David his repaired rear wheel for Nermal. On the way home, I stopped at the Kroger on US42 in the Clifton area for a few more groceries (jug of distilled water, some lunch stuff, etc), and had about forty or fifty pounds in the trailer when I left there. As I was leaving, another customer called me to arrange drop-off of a wheel set for rebuilding (new rims for a tandem! YAY!), so I hustled home. For the heck of it, I went up the first cross street I found that I thought would take me to Frankfort Avenue--I think it was Jane Street. Boy, is that a chain-strainer with a trailer attached! I was pulling on the handlebars to make that last bit of climb--I don't know what the grade is, but it's fairly steep--even for walkers!
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment