03 August 2009

This and that

As with other things, I wanted to tell some folks face-to-face first.

Now that that is largely done, and now that it's online anyway (I put up a Facebook page the other day, just to see what the buzz was, and Jenn linked to it from HER Facebook page, and it "told" all her friends that she hadn't yet told, and...)...

Part of the fallout from my job loss is that I was faced with doing the COBRA thing for health insurance. Getting insurance through Jenn's employer would be less expensive and gain better coverage (they are far larger than my prior employer, so got a better group rate), so we sped up our plans a bit. Instead of waiting until the intended 09/09/09, we went ahead and married on 7/17/09. Instead of having the 9/9/9 thing going, Jenn got two primes and a square (no prizes for guessing who is which).

I've been married for a bit more than two weeks, now. Each morning, when I get up, I've set another record for how long I've ever been married (this is my first marriage).

It's all good.

On the employment front: I've been working part-time for Bluegrass Bicycle for some time--about two years--on an "on call" basis, consulting with him to help make his shop more solid, and so on. We've decided to get a bit more in-depth with this, as I have found I really miss the "Bike Biz." I am, as the saying goes, "all about getting people on bikes," and being in a shop again will give me a much-missed venue for feeding that part of my psyche.

I rode the club rides Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. Did some errand-running on the Raleigh last night. I'll probably use the Vanguard for the class tonight--the lessons are on rock dodging and quick turns.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats! You can use 09/09 for a party.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow dude! That was out of nowhere. :)

Congratulations are in order!