11 March 2010

Documentary of note

I've been seeing some forum and blog traffic about Bicycle Dreams. I finally got around to checking out the film's web site, including the trailer for the movie:



The film was shot during the 2005 RAAM, and focused on several of the solo racers. Aside from being of interest to me as a cyclist, it's especially interesting to me at the moment due to my involvement in the 2010 Race. I've not seen the entire movie yet, but will be ordering the DVD from the web site so that I can digest it in chunks (and perhaps watch it multiple times or share it with others).

While the motivations that drive solo RAAM competitors fascinate me, I have no desire to attempt such a thing. It's simply too far outside my personal physical fitness/mental toughness envelope. However, I'm looking forward to being on the crew for Team Type 2 as they compete this year, knowing that at the end, I'll be almost as exhausted as they are from lack of sleep, almost continuous adrenaline surges, and the rest of the excitement of making it happen.

No comments: