Yesterday morning, I was pleasantly surprised when Jenn informed me she was riding to work. I was elated. She'd been driving to work too much of late, for a variety of reasons.
I was teaching the last session of the March installment of our store's Tool School classes when Jenn called to check on something--I'm not really sure what--and was reminded that I was teaching still, and would have to get back to her. I called her after my students left to find that she was still at her office. I rode there to ride home with her--something I enjoy.
For an assortment of reasons, though, I was unable to get my morning routine done in time that I could ride to work. I missed my departure window by ten minutes or so, and opted to drive on this gorgeous spring-like morning rather than be late to work.
Bah!
Oh, well. I get to build a bicycle wheel today. Things will improve.
Or not. One of my mother's dogs has been having trouble with a tooth, and is going in today for some more diagnostic examination. The tooth damage may (or hopefully may not) be severe enough that dealing with it would be a major (as in, over $1000) expense and still not greatly improve his quality of life. It's hard to justify doing that much work when on a limited budget, and still leave the dog with ongoing problems. He's a sweet-natured dog, and I'd hate like heck for Mom to have to euthanize him over this, but I also understand not being willing to go to heroic measures that have little chance of really helping. I'm hoping for the absolute best results for all.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment