On Friday, I didn't get to ride much. The weather was GREAT for cycling (or doing just about anything outdoors), but my riding was limited to an errand or two in the early evening.
I drove out to Mom's in the morning to do some yard work for her. I weeded much of the landscaping across the front of the house, and put out the contents of several bags of mulch. This took about five hours--much of it digging wild onions out of the landscaping (ugh!).
When I got home, I HAD to get on the bike, even if only to do an errand or two. I had ordered a couple of books from Carmichael's Bookstore on Frankfort Avenue earlier in the week, and received a call telling me hat they had arrived. Especially given that both books have to do with cycling as a transportation mode in our society, I rode to fetch them.
Today's riding involved driving, though. Jenn and I took the tandem to Westport for one of Larry Preble's WINGS rides, this one a thirty-mile example of what I call a lollipop ride. The route goes out to a short loop, then returns from that short loop the same way we got to the loop. It was a scenic ride, as are many of Larry's routes. There were a few hills, and a few little rollers. We had a good ride, though. No, make that "we had a great ride." Larry has a batch of pictures on his site, including several of Jenn and me.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment