It would be no surprise to any regular reader of this blog (I think there is one) that I rode a bicycle to work today instead of driving a car.
At Car-Free Happy Hour last week, I scored several copies of a poster made for the 2007 Car Free day from Tim Darst. I brought a few to work with me yesterday, intending to give one to the store owner so that he could put it on his car when he rode his bike to the store today. He wound up having to stay home with a sick kiddo today, so I'm by myself at the store (It's a quiet day, so we don't need more staff than me. The repair work is done. The parts order gets submitted in a couple hours.).
Anyway, I kept a couple copies for myself, and gave a couple more to Jenn. I taped one to the back of the Burley trailer, and pulled it to work this morning. I'm sure I over-politicized something I do on a regular basis in the eyes of a few motorists that had time to read my sign. As I rode to work, I realized that I had a good reason for having the trailer with me beyond having a place to put the sign--there is a box of parts at the store to fit Jenn's bike that will be easier to haul home this way. Of course, in strict accordance with Murphy's Law, the rims haven't arrived yet, so I'll probably have to either leave the trailer at the store for a couple days or pull it back another day (more likely the latter, as I have some minor need for it at home). At least it pulls well.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment