Rain kept me from riding to work Friday, but I rode today. No sign of my Suburban Assault Vehicle "friend" today on Frankfort Avenue, so it was a pretty decent ride. Quads were a bit sore from the exertion--I'm wondering about the pedal distance now. Overall, I felt a bit stronger than usual, but it could be an illusion.
Looking ahead, I get dry weather all week, so I'll get to save money by not buying gasoline (yay!).
Over the weekend, it was announced that I am running for VP Education in the bicycle club. The outgoing VP was grateful. We'll see how it goes.
Also over the weekend, I got to reassemble my "bus bike," a 1974 Raleigh Superbe. I built a new set of wheels for it, as the old rims were very rusted and going through brake pads like crazy. That $25 bike has now had new rims, spokes, brake pads (x2), cables, tires (second set), tubes, chain and pedals, plus now also has an old VistaLite set and flashers mounted. Next comes whatever minor mods I need to make so that the rack will accept panniers, and getting the fork lock re-keyed. Eventually, I'd like to fix the factory light set, but as parts for the dyno-hub are not available, it may not happen. The biggest improvement in the ride has been the tires--Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires ROCK.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
It does look to be a good week for riding. I rode in this morning. My goal is to not use my car at all this week.
A fine honorable goal!
Post a Comment