Lower temperature today than yesterday, by a couple degrees Fahrenheit. I tried a slight variation on my footwear, with minor success. Base layer of thin wool cycling sock, followed by mid-to-heavy-weight Smartwool sock, then Gore-Tex(tm) sock, then cycling sandal. My feet were no more uncomfortable than yesterday, with one pair of the same weight heavy socks and cycling shoes. I also rode my Raleigh 3-speed today, just to be different. I am very pleased with the way that bike rides, now that I have rebuilt the wheels and installed new tires and chain. It's much smoother than it was, and if it wasn't an "upwrong" bike, I would say it's a pleasure to ride! Torso layers were the same as yesterday. Gloves were a different pair, and they are not as wind-resistant. My hands (primarily my fingers) were uncomfortably cold part of the ride, but not painfully so.
No comments:
Post a Comment