Wow. Two articles about cycling in the C-J in three or four days--one an op-ed from Jackie Green and another an article about a new bill giving police an accountability path that is being pushed for by Bicycling for Louisville among others. Predictably, the vehement anti-bicycle chest thumpers are all over the C-J online forums, hammering on a few cycling advocates who are mostly presenting calm, reasoned, intelligent discourse. After letting the rain convince me to not ride yesterday, I rode today. Rode to the agency office on East Liberty, then to my own office in New Albany, only to find an email, sent about the time I left the agency office, telling me to be at the agency office at 9:30 (It was about 8:55 when I saw this). Oh, and it's about a 40-minute ride from one office to the other. For the day, I will have four bridge crossings instead of my customary two.I rode the Raleigh today, just because. It has developed a new noise that seems to be coming from the saddle--an old abused neglected Brooks B-66 that was originally worth much more than I paid for the bike. I have another saddle in reserve (another B-66, of course), and will likely install it in the next few days so that I can ask whether the old one can be repaired. I intend to do the Trainer Tour this evening, although I don't know that I'll feel very strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment