18 December 2008

Thursday again

Yet another day I didn't ride to work. Since I was driving, I gave my s/o a ride downtown for an appointment she had this morning. Got to work early, looked at the C-J web site, and found that a small plane had crashed this morning. The pilot died in the crash, sadly. On the positive side, the only real estate showing any damage was the golf course on which the pilot tried to land--no houses were hit. I feel bad for the pilot's friends and family.

The Holly-daze season is, of course, upon us. The holiday party at work is Friday, and I may or may not get to ride my bike tomorrow (I've been a weather wimp about riding this week--something about ice on the roads...). It's an "on the clock" thing, so I will go, and likely have a bite to eat while there, but I don't feel like I'm really a big part of the work experience for most of my coworkers, as I'm off in my own little hamlet most of the time.

No comments: