From the Bicycling for Louisville web site:
As noted, there will be some sort of video recording of the process, in order to show the world that it can be done.When: Saturday, February 13, 10 am -1pm
Where: Starting at 425 S. Second St, in the basement, and ending at our new office-- We'll be renting office space at 2132 Frankfort Ave., adjacent to the Bike Couriers Bike Shop.
How: by Bike, Trike, or other human powered vehicle
Who: YOU and your friends
Why: Because it's fun, and we'll have coffee and snacks!
Please come and be prepared to haul cargo on your bike, even just a small box. The more the merrier! Please bring trailers, baskets, rope, bungee cords, even empty boxes if you have them. You get the idea. And be prepared to smile for the TV cameras.
If you can't join us Saturday the 13th for the move, you can help us a couple other ways:
1) Be a bike-powered box-packer--Monday 2/8, Tuesday 2/9, or Friday 2/12, from 2-5pm at 425 S. Second St, in the basement
2) Be a Bike-powered box UNpacker at our new office on Frankfort Avenue, Monday 2/15 from 6-8, or Tuesday Feb 16 2-5pm (before Car-Free Happy Hour)
Sadly, I'm scheduled to work that day, in Crestwood, and am teaching that afternoon, so I won't be able to be there.
I got out on the Raleigh for a few minutes yesterday, to try the new lower gear. I wasn't able to really test it in depth, as I was busy navigating the left-over crud on the road, but the fifteen-percent lower gear is going to be nice. Just enough to take the edge off, without being a shock to my system. I have a twenty-two tooth cog that I may try at some point, but I think the twenty will be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment