02 February 2010

RAAM update

I've had an email exchange with the Team Type II manager, confirming my spot on the crew. It's a mild change from what I'd been expecting--I'm now slated to drive one of the RVs instead of the team car. This is fine with me--I'll have more time to do transition point stuff, including but not limited to fixing bikes (although I doubt there will be much to do on that score most of the time).

As before, I have just a small idea of what I've signed up to do. I won't fully "get it" until some time after the event. It will interrupt my riding preparation for RAIN, but I expect I'll do well enough on that ride.

On the "keeping up with when I rode to work" scale, I didn't get to ride today--I have a large sociable tandem trike to haul home this evening. I rode the Vanguard to work and back Monday. On the way home, I met Jenn at her work place so that we could ride home together--something I always enjoy doing.

No comments: