18 February 2011

800 miles

By the time I arrived at work this morning, I had logged a bit more than eight hundred miles of bicycle use for the year to date. To compare to last year's numbers, by the end of March of 2010, my total bicycle miles were 800.7. When I got home tonight, I logged my commute and have 814.7 miles. It's two-thirds of the way through February or so, and I'm five or six weeks ahead of last year's mileages.

It's starting to sound like I'm aiming for some record here. I want to be about more than a single goal--whether that goal is how many miles I can ride in the course of doing my thing this year, or some other manifestation of that concept. There is more to me than how many miles I ride instead of drive.

At least I hope so...

No comments: