16 February 2011

It's getting warmer

I've been able to ride to work twice this week wearing short sleeves instead of a jacket. Spring isn't far off!

This morning's ride also featured pulling the Safety 1st trailer, so that I could haul a repair stand with me. I have a Tool School class starting tonight, and wanted to have both of my stands at the store. The next decision is whether to leave the trailer at the store for a week and a few days, and use it to haul both of my stands and my tools home after the class is over--the alternative being pull it home empty tonight so that it's not in the way at the store.

The trailer always gets some funny looks from motorists--especially this time of year. People think I'm insane for pulling a kid in traffic, or something--one motorist actually took the time to pull over and yell at me for putting a kid in dire peril, as his wife had been hit by a car on that road (Frankfort Avenue). I didn't have time to ask them whether she was riding as a vehicular cyclist or as a bike ninja, since he only wanted to yell at me rather than discuss anything.

I've often said I want to get an infant-sized or toddler-sized manikin and toss it in the trailer--with no clothing, of course--so that I can enjoy the reactions of the occasional attentive motorist.

Not that I'm one to play head games or anything...

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.