07 April 2011

A day early

Okay, so my predictions were off by a day.

I broke the two thousand bike miles mark on my way to a friend's house this evening. About two miles later, I broke the 1700 "miles instead of driving" mark.As I type this, the Louisville Bicycle Club's CO2 miles are at 8550. I have twenty percent of those miles. It's almost embarrassing.

Today's riding: I had a meeting scheduled with Rolf Eisinger and Andy Dyson, to discuss education programs for the upcoming season. Since I was going by, I dropped off some fliers at Parkside Bicycle and Bardstown Road Bicycle shops, then went downtown for the meetings.

After the meetings, I rode to Santa Fe Cafe at Third and Haywood for lunch (always a good lunch there!!), then to the UofL campus to be on hand for my older stepdaughter's receiving an award for her excellent scholarship in her French classes. Since I had time, I then rode to Clarksville Schwinn to drop off some fliers, then home.

The fliers in question are paper versions of this schedule of classes that the Louisville Bicycle Club will be teaching this summer. I'll be teaching a fair bit on Mondays, with help from several other League Cycling Instructors, and David Wittry will be teaching the Wednesday evening classes once again.

Once home, I changed clothes, changed bikes, loaded some tools and a repair stand in a trailer, and rode to a friend's house to do some work on her bike. She is doing the Redbud Ride next weekend, and had been told her bike needed attention. I won't be at that ride, as I'll be at the LCI seminar in Lexington.

On my way to her house, I crossed the milestones mentioned above.

I just keep on logging the miles. Eventually, I'll get somewhere.

1 comment:

Barturtle said...

I'm sitting at about 8% of LBC CO2 miles and I don't even have to ride to work...