27 April 2011

Rainy ride to work

Decisions, decisions.

Jenn had a doctor appointment this morning. It was raining, and she knows I don't like riding in the rain. She was willing to haul my bike and me to work then drive to her appointment, but by the time we could have hit the road, there would not have been near enough time for her to get to Crestwood then to her appointment near the Gardiner Lane Post Office. She was willing to be late, but I saw no need for her to throw off her doctor's schedule for the morning and affect other patients over a little water falling from the sky. I've ridden in worse.

Despite my general dislike for riding in wet weather, I'm more willing to do so this year than in prior years. I'm not sure how to attribute this change. Maybe I'm getting (more) stubborn or something.

Yeah, we've had more than a little water fall from the sky. The river is well above flood stage, meaning that I will probably have to move the first meeting or two of the New Rider Clinics to higher ground.

No comments: