I got to ride to work today! YAY!
I was even a few minutes early, despite rolling out a few minutes later than I like. I rode the Raleigh today, and was pleased at the amount of time I spent in direct gear (as opposed to indirect or overdrive, the other two options on a Sturmey-Archer hub). I've been thinking about getting a slightly larger cog for this hub, as I rarely use top gear with the current gearing and find indirect a bit high for my preferences (I like to pedal at 85-95 rpm most of the time). The morning low temperature of 25F didn't feel as cold today for some reason, and didn't sap my strength as is usually does. While not speedy, I did not feel sluggish. I don't have a speedometer on this bike, and don't have plans to install one, so I don't have a handle on just how fast or slow I'm going.
As I rode toward downtown from home, I encountered another cyclist. Dana works at one of the hospitals in the medical district and was on her way to work. She had not heard of Bicycling for Louisville or the Utility Bike list server, but was interested in the resources and shared ideas she could find. She also sounded interested in the upcoming Bike Summit once I made her aware of it.
That she hadn't heard about the Summit already pointed out to me that the efforts to include more folks haven't been as successful as I'd like. I'll have to make some noise with the powers that be to let them know of gaps in the media coverage.
Boulder, Louisville, and press coverage of crashes
16 years ago
2 comments:
You always seem to ride on the good days... I end up riding on the bad days. This isn't by choice, it just works out that way. :)
I'm all about looking at the weather forecasts, and making plans to ride when I can. I drive when I must, as was the case Wednesday when I had a meeting out by the zoo, and little time to get there.
Post a Comment